This year we invite you to take a few minutes to reflect on what you love about the Polis Institute. Maybe it’s our foundational resources and trainings, like Dignity Serves or Asset-Based Community Development. Maybe our Growth Leadership program helped you dream again about what you’d like to see improved in your neighborhood. Perhaps it’s the monthly COOP meeting that inspires you or reminds you that people care about and are invested in our city’s well-being. Or maybe one of our initiatives shifted the way you view and value other people and how you do the work that you do. Whatever the impact you feel POLIS has made in your life, we encourage you to share your story on #MyGivingStory this holiday.
#MyGivingStory is a nationwide campaign and social media storytelling contest that will foster a public discussion about the reasons people give. Working in collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Facebook, “everyday givers” reflect upon why they give to a certain nonprofit organization and then share these personal stories on social media. (The winners’ featured nonprofit organizations will receive $2,500-10,000 grants.)
If you feel like you don’t have a lot to give this year, remember there are many ways to give back to the people and organizations that have shaped you – lend your voice and experience this year by filling out this short form. We’ll be glad to hear the impact we’ve had in folks lives over the years.
Are you wondering how to make your programs more sustainable? We can help. The Polis Institute helps people, organizations, and groups design collaborative community investment strategies that engage community residents, excite donors, and bring about long-lasting positive change.
To set up a discovery session contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-757-1334.
Polis’ Dignity Serves is a paradigm-shifting, deeply impactful experience that teaches how to both serve and be served with dignity in every aspect of life. Since 2008, it has helped thousands of people serve others more effectively, using interactive exercises and real-world examples to help participants apply key principles to their personal lives and to the programs that they take part in.
The principles of the course are derived from Scripture and built on the foundation that because every person is created in the image of God, every person possesses dignity. The course is made available through host organizations and is taught by Polis-trained facilitators. Scheduled classes are posted on our website and announced in our newsletter.
Hosting a Dignity Serves Training:
- Six 90-minute lessons taught week-to-week or over the course of a weekend
- Taught only by Polis-trained Facilitators
- Cost is $40 per person which includes all materials
- Host organization provides space, snacks, and one meal
- Minimum class size is 12 people
- Maximum is limited only by available space at host organization
- To schedule a training, please contact us at email@example.com or 866-757-1334
Attending a Dignity Serves Training:
For more information visit:
- It has completely re-wired the way I relate and look at people in every aspect of my life: family, job and particularly ministry.
- The very first lesson, describing the idea that Christ is Dignity and Dignity Serves, was completely eye-opening. I’m not a “new” Christian and thought I had a good grasp on why we serve others. This course really did grow my perspective and show me what service is really about: interdependence. I wish this course would be taught to EVERYONE at our church and at churches throughout the nation.
- I better understand Christ’s design for serving others.
- It undergirded my understanding of service with sound theology.
- It has made me much more aware that those living in urban communities need outside groups and individuals to be committed to stay and build trust over time, not just “trying to fix what’s wrong” in these communities and then leave.
Are you tired of investing your time and resources into social projects that don’t seem to really make a difference for entire communities? We can help you discover community transformation strategies that work.
To set up a discovery session contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-757-1334 today.