Leadership Eatonville is a six-session workshop series for town residents that will enhance community leadership and entrepreneurial skills. Each participant will select a specific community initiative – existing or new – to work on using the principles and practical tips learned in the sessions. Workshop series is free for Eatonville residents. Non-residents may apply and will be included as space allows.
The workshop series will be held every other Thursday evening between August 10th and October 19th from 6:30pm to 9:00pm in the Denton Johnson Community Center. Graduates of the program will be eligible for additional one-on-one coaching sessions in the winter that will help them attract investment in the initiative that they are working on.
The class schedule is as follows:
Thursday, August 10
Thursday, August 24
Thursday, September 7
Thursday, September 21
Thursday, October 5
Thursday, October 19
The course is facilitated by the Polis Institute on behalf of the Healthy Eatonville Team. POLIS is an Orlando-based non-profit that facilitates positive community impact through research, training, and community engagement. Founded in 2009, POLIS has helped dozens of communities leverage their interests and skills to improve quality of life in ways that are most meaningful and beneficial to them. POLIS champions the inherent dignity and value of all people.
Please register here before attending the class.
Are you wondering how to make your programs more sustainable? We can help. The Polis Institute helps people, organizations, and groups design collaborative community investment strategies that engage community residents, excite donors, and bring about long-lasting positive change.
To set up a discovery session contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-757-1334.
Polis’ Dignity Serves is a paradigm-shifting, deeply impactful experience that teaches how to both serve and be served with dignity in every aspect of life. Since 2008, it has helped thousands of people serve others more effectively, using interactive exercises and real-world examples to help participants apply key principles to their personal lives and to the programs that they take part in.
The principles of the course are derived from Scripture and built on the foundation that because every person is created in the image of God, every person possesses dignity. The course is made available through host organizations and is taught by Polis-trained facilitators. Scheduled classes are posted on our website and announced in our newsletter.
Hosting a Dignity Serves Training:
- Six 90-minute lessons taught week-to-week or over the course of a weekend
- Taught only by Polis-trained Facilitators
- Cost is $40 per person which includes all materials
- Host organization provides space, snacks, and one meal
- Minimum class size is 12 people
- Maximum is limited only by available space at host organization
- To schedule a training, please contact us at email@example.com or 866-757-1334
Attending a Dignity Serves Training:
For more information visit:
- It has completely re-wired the way I relate and look at people in every aspect of my life: family, job and particularly ministry.
- The very first lesson, describing the idea that Christ is Dignity and Dignity Serves, was completely eye-opening. I’m not a “new” Christian and thought I had a good grasp on why we serve others. This course really did grow my perspective and show me what service is really about: interdependence. I wish this course would be taught to EVERYONE at our church and at churches throughout the nation.
- I better understand Christ’s design for serving others.
- It undergirded my understanding of service with sound theology.
- It has made me much more aware that those living in urban communities need outside groups and individuals to be committed to stay and build trust over time, not just “trying to fix what’s wrong” in these communities and then leave.
Are you tired of investing your time and resources into social projects that don’t seem to really make a difference for entire communities? We can help you discover community transformation strategies that work.
To set up a discovery session contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-757-1334 today.